Resistance Movement
Resistance Movement
Resistance Movement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To the Resistance Movement Clan homepage- Mess with the best, Die like the rest!

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well, it happened.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NinjaPleez

NinjaPleez

Male Number of posts : 73
RM points : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 3:27 pm

I rejoined DoG, the clan I was in during RM's transition from halo 1 to halo 3.

This whole cycle has happened before, twice now, I think.
I recommend that everyone just takes a break from RM for a little while and join DoG, a more structured clan. Less stress and upkeep that way.

Then once we have all this worked out we can start RM back up.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

Male Number of posts : 186
RM points : -1
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 8:51 pm

but i thought RM was starting back up already though and wait i thought DoG stopped too
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

Male Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:28 pm

Chidoris right, we are kinda trying to go back here...I mean not that you would know, since your on even less than me (not trashing there or anything I'm just saying were more active than the site leads on)
And why are you 'recommending' we all go run off and join it, anyways? I mean, why does it matter to you? If your always playing WoW (thus the reason of which Ill assume your in the WoW branch of DoG), why does it matter to you that we join it? Once again, not saying anything, just curious of your sudden...interest in us again. And also still wanting to know the point of joining DoG. It seems kinda pointless...they are too 'official' if that makes sense...EVERYTHING was meetings or clubs....meetings or clubs....they didn't hang out besides for that stuff at all....Id rather have few meetings and clubs but lots of hanging out rather than vise versa.
If y'all feel up to it then fine, I'm just curious of the randomness of it and also I wanted my reason for not joining to be heard.

Last edited by Captain Mendez on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://resistance.forumotion.com
Rufasa

Rufasa

RM points : -2
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 1:27 pm

I almost joined once...they gave me an initiation speech. It was dumb. They were TOO official. Also they're all mostly over confident in themselves like they're the greatest thing to happen to any game.
Back to top Go down
NinjaPleez

NinjaPleez

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 12:34 pm

DoG is not dead, chidori.

Mendez, I played WoW non-stop for ONE WEEK. I'm now back to being on halo regularly.

As far as I know there is no WoW branch in DoG.

There are two meetings per week, one wednesday night, and one sunday night.

Other than that, all time is spent gaming with the clan and recruiting.

You only get into serious paperwork when you hit the rank of leiutenant, and that is OPTIONAL, you may choose to stay at master sergeant and retain all priviledges of a clan member.

As for the reason I would like RM members to join, I think it would be beneficial to all parties involved, giving us a break from running a clan on our own, and allowing us to learn from them so we can augment our own structure with what we like about theirs, and remove what we don't like. Besides, their recruiting system is perfect for what we look for in members, and, lets face it, since we have no system of awarding members for recruiting, we just hang out all day and never get anything done.

Sure that can be fun for a while, but eventually, once you start gaming with the same people every day for a year, things get a little dull, or at least dull compared to if you were actively meeting new people with the same interests as you.

Rufus, the recruiting speech is a one-time affair that simply states the rules of the clan so that the standards can be maintained.
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:21 am

DoG had a WoW branch when I was in it. I don't know about now.
Maybe you don't play WoW nonstop anymore, but your certainly not on xbox still (windows live though some). nobody has seen you online, neither have I and I'm at least on every weekend. So If you DO play xbox regularly, it kinda doesn't make any difference to us since your not hanging with us at all or appearing to be online. (Which maybe I do but I at least hang with my friends when I do that)
We've tried to merge RM style and DoG style. THIS is what came from it. Obviously RM needs to find its own style of organization, not the all-too serious DoG way. It didn't work any of the times we tried the same stuff they did or anything inspired from their ways. The only thing I think works for us are the meetings and official looking rules so we can be clear on what works and what doesn't. And the times I did game with the rest of them was very rare and spent talking about meeting or team issues, never really anything outside of the clan. Its like they don't exist outside of it. Plus they only hanged in small groups, the times they DID get into big groups all their more retarded members were present (cause yes, there was a massive hole in their recruitment style in which any asshole could join as long as they pretended that they were nice. At least we had the spine to turn people down that we didn't like-except for DW, who after a long trial period of frustration we just simply kicked)
And maybe some of us can stand our friends for long periods of time, that's kinda the reason we became friends with them. I'm open to meeting new people, but that whole clan stuck too much with its tiny sub groups of two or three people each. And they got so many new people they never bothered to get to know any of them well or spend any personal time with them unless they reached a really high rank. At least we make a huge effort to hang with new people when we do have em.
Maybe things have changed since then. I dunno. But they didn't work out too well then and they obviously made no attempts to stay on neutral terms with me, let alone be good to me. So I stopped trying to do the same for them.

Last edited by Captain Mendez on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NinjaPleez

NinjaPleez

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:25 am

Where did you get the idea that I have been inactive?
Was it from the vast amounts of time that you spend checking on the clan through xbox.com and the forums, and not on facebook?
Or was it from one of our.... oh lets see.... FOUR, active members, whom you talk to less than me, and who will each tell you that I have been on as much as possible in the last week?

Do some friggin research before you try to put me down, Mendez.
And don't you dare blame the DoG system for killing the clan, because you were against it from the start.
Even the best plan, without support, is a bad one.

The members of DoG have always been nice to you, Mendez, and at the very least, stayed on neutral grounds. It was you who initiated any hostility. Even DoG 4 Lif3, the worst leader in human history, was on good terms with you.

You don't like the system, fine.
But you sure as hell can't debate its success, because it's lasted FAR longer than the mess you've created.

I think its FAR past time for us to go our separate ways.
I'm out.
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Ninja. Ive talked to you only a few times in the past few months. Ive talked to our members much, much more than Ive talked to you. And you know what? The only things Ive heard about you is 'where's ninja?' And when I asked, nobody knew where you were.

I would have used the 'last time online' feature, but you get on from the computer often, so I figured that's where it was from, especially since nobody remembered seeing you online.

But then again, the chances of people seeing you online when you deleted most everyone would be slim anyways.

I DID my research, I guess somehow the findings were false, but then that's not my fault for not knowing when I have no other information to go off of.

I wasn't putting you down, if you actually read what I said I was simply stating what I observed, which was in no way meant to offend you, the fact that you WERE offended was obviously a decision of selective reading. If I was putting you down, I would be also dissing myself, cause I can only get on during weekends. I'm sure as hell aint gonna blame you for being in the same boat as I am.

And I never meant DoG caused all this as in all of our troubles, I was referring to all the times we tried to do something serious like re-organize a part of the clan, but nothing happened cause it was too organized for our liking. The part where it said 'THIS' was supposed to be a link to one such page, one that was a perfect example of such. I don't know why its not working, but Ill look at that post later.

Yes, I have a facebook. Big whoop. Why does it matter? Since you didn't know, I actually check the clan site from my phone every day, and xbox.com when it will load.

So you need to do your research too, or at least not make the same mistake as me of getting false information without realizing it.

And as for DoG's hostility, there is one key factor to remember, my old friend. You are not always here. In fact, at best you are only here half the time (Due to your divorced parents, which isn't your fault, its just there) So naturally, there are times on xbox live when you aren't around, where a great many things happen during these times that I simply do not consider important enough to tell you.

One of them, about a half a year back, was a bunch of DoG joining a party I was hosting and trashing me and other things that were of extreme breech of DoG code. I looked em up, too. They were current members. High ranking members, too.
Plus they made it sound like it was a very personal matter between our clan and them. They were just trashing us, yes, but there was a air of seriousness in it, and the things they said were spoken with a calmness that is rarely in any trashers speech.
And no, the ones I became actual friends with, have remained on neutral terms with me. The ones I personally knew, the way everyone should know each other in a clan, the ones who I actually had a real conversation with once in a while, which was a rare happening when I was in with em.
However, at that point those I had thought at least acquaintances were either out of the clan, in an entirely different branch of it, or didn't even use xbox live anymore. So I never got an explanation for their behavior, and therefore assumed that DoG didn't, in fact, like me. What was I supposed to think? "Oh, they just came, trashed me and all I stand for and the clan I'm in...they must REALLY want to be friends with me!"

No, sadly, that's not how any type of logic would work, here in the realm of reality
And if you also remember, for the longest time I vouched for them, and thought they were cool, until that happened. The way they said the stuff that they threw at me, it sounded more like a clan grudge than a few recruits that were out of line.

Still, I never initiated any response, never tried to fight back, so if there is any real hostility, it would be from them, since I plan to try to be neutral with them. I never told you because back then your opinion of them seemed different, and we both hated trash talkers, which are a dime a dozen, so I figured there would be nothing gained from telling you about em.

And what the hell is with the 'me being against the DoG system'?!?! In the beginning I was all for em, I thought they could use improvements here and there, but back then I did more than my part of supporting it.

You forget, Ninja, how many times I told people that the reason we did join that clan was to combine our systems and make it stronger, long before we established that we would actually use them. And you also must have forgotten, that I typed up a few different rough drafts of the codes and rules of the clan, and at one point a rough draft for a recruiting speech, a 'new recruits sign in here' topic, a members list that was remarkably similar to the DoG's style of listing, and even created the team forum sections so often, and even tried to build on the reward system. I was even the one who had to convince many of our members to attend meetings I hosted.
Do NOT, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, say that I was against them from the beginning. I'm still for them, as long as they have straightened out. And learned how to put a leash on the recruits they have.

I never even once called DoG a crappy clan, I stated I don't like their style. RM might have its troubles, but at least we can say our members know each other better than the back of their hands for the most part. When I was in DoG, I know I never saw that.
But, like I said before, things can change. And things can change here as well.
And I wont question their success, in the ways you measure it. They have allot of members. And a few of them are actually worth something, last I saw a squad of em.
A few of them.

But lets make one thing clear: Do not ever, EVER, EVER call RM a mess. Its running bad, we know. But in case you never got it through your head, RM isn't the clan, its the people in it, and the people who were around before it. As long as we got one member left that bears our name, or at least one person who remembered all the events leading up to it, then RM is still alive.

You are a part of it all just as much as anybody else here, like it or not. And you were here as it became the 'mess' you consider it to be.

Yes, you were still a part of that, too. Or at least you claimed you were, as you were ''fighting in the shadows'' as you called it.

Last edited by Captain Mendez on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

RM points : -1
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 1:01 am

Damn that was epic
Back to top Go down
Rufasa

Rufasa

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Yeah what did us in was NOT having our own style, various members and groups of members arguing over stupid stuff, and other events that inevitably led to our disbandment again which we are now trying to fix without examples from other clans.

Trial and error
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 6:14 pm

...Only Rufus could put what is taking me like 3 pages worth of stuff to explain into a few sentences of good summary.
Except for the part where Ninja needs to stop taking everything that I say as a insult. You left that part out.
Back to top Go down
Rufasa

Rufasa

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:11 am

yeaaaa...I wanted to leave that part out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Well, it happened. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well, it happened.   Well, it happened. Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, it happened.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Resistance Movement :: Members :: Chat-
Jump to: