Resistance Movement
Resistance Movement
Resistance Movement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To the Resistance Movement Clan homepage- Mess with the best, Die like the rest!

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We need to keep our momentum going

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Krunchy

Krunchy

Male Number of posts : 144
RM points : -2
Registration date : 2009-07-19

We need to keep our momentum going Empty
PostSubject: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:13 am

Alright, everyone. For months we've said that we were coming back. Now we should actually do it. The custom game night was a blast, even though only 4 members showed up(we had about 6 other people there, though, so it wasn't a problem), and now we should take it further. Here's a list of things that, in my opinion, need to be established soon and very soon:

1. Activity. We need more people online. I understand that the custom game night was only with a day's notice, but we're going to have a set time for it. We need to be online for scheduled clan events(scheduled being the key word there), so that we can actually be a clan together.

2. Clan game night. We just had this last night, and it fscking rocked. The current scheduled time(which is definitely open for change if any officers believe it should be) is Friday night at 7:30 PM Central time. This goes hand-in-hand with activity. We can't have a game night without active members.

3. Clan meetings. Clan meetings should probably come immediately after or before the custom game night, so that we're all together for it and people who want to stay for it can and those who don't want to can leave.

4. Recruitment. How many members do we still have right now, like, 8? For real?

That's just a small list of things that I believe should be done, in that order. Remember that this is my opinion and I repeat MY OPINION. I'm not coming in and telling everyone how Crap needs to be done, I'm just sharing my ideas and I really want to get this clan moving while we're on our feet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/497205579
Megaton Shogun

Megaton Shogun

Male Number of posts : 90
RM points : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:46 pm

1) Something I've been saying for a long time. We need to make things more interesting around here, and that will spark some things.

2) Sounds great. But understand, friday nights are hard for people to make. I go out on friday nights. We'll have to have a discussion about the best time for these things in a clan meeting. Bringing me to...

3) Clan meetings have worked sometimes in the past. If people shut up and let the officers talk, and wait their turn, meetings can be successful. I'd actually like to plan a meeting soon.

4) Recruitment is difficult these days, I know it is. "Wanna join our clan?" "No. Your mother." is just about the only thing you hear nowadays. Maybe this can be discussed at a clan meeting too; effective ways in which to recruit members.

Other members reading this topic, I'd like to discuss having a meeting soon.
Back to top Go down
Krunchy

Krunchy

PostSubject: I would also like to have a meeting soon...   We need to keep our momentum going EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Maybe even very quickly. The thing is that Mendez'll be on for MW2, so he'll be able to show up for a meeting(FINALLY!!!). Also, I think recruitment can go down like this:
We go into matchmaking with a free slot in our team. If we run across someone cool, we hit the party up button at the end. After a few games, we ask if he/she would be interested in joining up.
Back to top Go down
Megaton Shogun

Megaton Shogun

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:20 pm

If we schedule a meeting, I'll be on.
How about Thursday the 12th of this month? Day after MW2 comes out, so Mendez will be on, right?
Back to top Go down
Krunchy

Krunchy

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:53 pm

Yeah, like 7 PM Thursday, maybe. I just asked Oto who's in a party with me and he said it sounds ok.
Back to top Go down
zach2beat

zach2beat

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 1:37 am

i may be late do to work but ill try and make it.
Back to top Go down
Megaton Shogun

Megaton Shogun

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 8:43 pm

We'll try to save the most important things for last for you Zach.
Back to top Go down
Krunchy

Krunchy

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:50 pm

I'm wondering what, exactly, we're going to talk about, though. Like recruitment and stuff like that? Or clan activity encouragement? I guess I'll just see what my officers have in store once I get there.
Back to top Go down
Megaton Shogun

Megaton Shogun

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 7:29 pm

I actually have a very communal way of running meetings. I feel like the members as a group can think of things to talk about better than I can.
Back to top Go down
Krunchy

Krunchy

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:03 am

Can someone give me an update on what's going on? I can't get on XBL 'cause my box is broken, so I, unfortunately, can't log in and find out Sad .
Back to top Go down
Megaton Shogun

Megaton Shogun

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 4:00 pm

Nothing has really happened Desperado. I'm trying to get events together, however. Our first is tonight, wish you could join us.
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

Male Number of posts : 102
RM points : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:10 pm

I resent the Mendez finally being on, except that I'm not ever on...
And I apologize.
But give me credit for doing a good job lately. (Except Christmas to a little after new years cause I have been in vacation)

I believe a lot of the original posting are things I've stated before, but if a few members are now realizing it, then I guess people are finally understanding what we need.

I gotta agree with Megaton, Fridays are bad, because I'm almost ALWAYS out.
Once we have A LOT of members, though, we could schedule multiple meetings a week so everyone can get news and throw in opinions.
But that would lead to re-defining how we recruited people now.
In the old days you started a server titled 'RM Clan recruitment ONLY', and about 2 out of 5 people going in every 10-30 minutes would be there because they are looking for a clan (Doesn't sound like good odds, but you gotta understand, that's good for the internet, and AMAZING if it were to be on XBL)
And since we moved to XBL all we have came up with is simply asking someone if they wanted to join if we made friends with them...and friends are a rare find on Live....

Anyways, if I have some support, I'd like to call in a check-up meeting this weekend, see where everyone is in the clan currently, what they want to do and such (I feel like everyone has waited long enough to have formed a few ideas), ideally this weekend, or during this week if needed, but I would rather not make it happen much later than that.
Back to top Go down
https://resistance.forumotion.com
Krunchy

Krunchy

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm dry as far as ideas go at the moment. I don't even have an xbox right now, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

I'm trying to get it fixed, I tried to help my dad by giving him 40 bucks. Other than that, I don't know what I can do about my situation other than wait. I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:25 am

Hey, if I expected you guys to wait like a year or so for me to get on, I'm pretty sure we can wait as long as you need.
Back to top Go down
Krunchy

Krunchy

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:31 am

Yeah, but you're a captain.
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:53 am

Of course! So if a member goes away for a few months, its much worse than the leader barley getting on for a year...
Which is so like a leader, being gone for that long.
Back to top Go down
Krunchy

Krunchy

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:52 am

Point taken, but still. you're Mendez, the leader. people will wait as long as you need them to for you.
this isn't a clan that bans for not being able to be on, if i'm correct. i at least sign on the forums and check in, and so do you. it should be alright until i can get back on xbl.
btw, this site is pretty damn accessible to phones. some sites are hell to get onto with a phone. i'm posting this from my phone at school btw.
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:12 pm

I know right?
I'm still looking for a way to make it even more accessible to phones (quicker loading times and such), but at present it still works pretty well. That's how I've kept tabs on it when I don't have a computer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need to keep our momentum going   We need to keep our momentum going Empty

Back to top Go down

We need to keep our momentum going
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Resistance Movement :: Members :: Chat-
Jump to: