Resistance Movement
Resistance Movement
Resistance Movement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To the Resistance Movement Clan homepage- Mess with the best, Die like the rest!

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Restarting the clan

Go down 
+4
Captain Mendez
Rufasa
Thomas
zach2beat
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas

Thomas

Male Number of posts : 186
RM points : -1
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Restarting the clan - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:37 am

Just let us decide about the clan your not apart of please and im not trying to be mean
Back to top Go down
Krunchy

Krunchy

Male Number of posts : 144
RM points : -2
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 3:16 am

@Ninja:
I agree that RM was in a slump at the time, I'm pretty sure anyone could agree with that, and I felt like I needed a community to hang with. DoG, with Harper, Chidorii, you, and, at the same time that I was recruited, Blazing(who has also left and come back). It was the obvious choice. I actually enjoyed my time in DoG, believe it or not. It's just when word of RM's comeback reached my ears, I had to be a part of it. RM's the sort of thing that sticks with me, something I can't imagine XBL without. Even when I was with the people who had left RM for DoG while I was in it as well, it still felt like I was hanging out with RM, and it just feels better that way. I doubt don't it's not at it's best at all, and I wish you luck in bringing it back. It's good that you're hanging out here regardless of what clan you're in. I don't mean to poach or anything, but if you ever do feel like coming back(which is doubtful due to your ninja oath not to), I'll always welcome you. I don't know about everyone else, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/497205579
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

Male Number of posts : 102
RM points : 0
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 3:45 am

Heck I'd let ya give it another go too, but first you would need to realize that this is not DoG, and we don't need a drill sergeant anymore (Unless people misbehave), we just need another good leader. Were not gonna be overly strict anymore, and generally more laid back. I don't want any more arguments with people or telling others to piss off, or abusing command needlessly. So if you want to come back Ill hold the doors along with Desperado AND hang up your coat for you, but you would need to try to get a different leadership style than we've had in the past.

OH and also on another note, to the previous posts on the last page, the *Faggot!* filter stays. It was added like the day the site came up, its tradition. Why would you talk about them on these forums anyways? Seriously? What would *Faggot!* have to do with our clan? The only time Ive seen it used is when someone for some reason actually used the word, and the rest is when people bitched about the fact that the word is filtered. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://resistance.forumotion.com
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:07 am

Well if we need to restart i really think we ALL should have a say in things not just one person running the whole thing sorry if this offends you Mendezx but we all need a say
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 2:38 pm

Dude, I've already said that like 50 times. Go look in other threads, or in fact, go back in this one. I talk about how I want everyone's opinion. - _ - The only reason why it would be taken as insulting is because it sounds like you haven't paid attention to what I have said.
Everyone WILL have a say, the higher ranks still have power and all, but now they gotta listen and actually consider everyone's opinion. If all the high ranks believe something is for the better, they might change it. But that's it, the rest we promise to hear everyone out.

In case you haven't noticed, I never liked being one man running the show. I liked being a clan leader at first, but after a while one of my big turnoffs to RM is everyone waited for me and didn't do anything on their own. At all. Like I understand not running itself but there was no clan-get together or anything, no real effort from anybody to preserve this. So now I'm not gonna just have other leaders, I'm gonna make them take up initiative, but the trick is I want members involved too. Last time the most involved members were only people who talked on the forums a lot. Now its gonna be people who hang with us a lot and actually tries to help stuff get started. That way I can trust that if for some reason officers cant start something, members wont be afraid to take matters into their own hands and still do it. That way, members will feel a lot more important and involved and actually do stuff with us rather than putting our tag in their bio and running off to their other friends (Not that you guys here did it, but over time we have had a lot of those simply because nobody got them involved enough in it.)
Back to top Go down
Krunchy

Krunchy

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 3:34 pm

I got dibs on running the legislative branch and vetoing every thing Mendez tries to do.

Actually, I assumed from the start that members should have a say in some things, it's the only sensible way to go. Getting every member's opinion and making use of it makes them happy. It sure as hell'd make me happy. We have leaders who get things done when they need to be done, and members who give their ideas and share their opinions on things that the leaders do or are planning, like how I'm sharing my opinion right now.

And actually, when you look at it, my first reply in this thread was a huge example of how members can get their opinions out with no problem.
Back to top Go down
Megaton Shogun

Megaton Shogun

Male Number of posts : 90
RM points : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 4:25 pm

Then I say we vote on the 3rd leader. You can't have two leaders, ever heard of a place called Rome?
Back to top Go down
Krunchy

Krunchy

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 6:27 pm

I'd have to agree, having a third leader would balance things out. I don't know who to vote on, though.
I thought we had 3 leaders, though? Mendez, Zach, and Rufus? Then again, Zach and Rufus may have only been a rumor.
Back to top Go down
Megaton Shogun

Megaton Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 1:58 pm

It'd be Mendez, Otocon and a 3rd voted in leader. Unless Oto doesn't want it again.
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:55 pm

See that's the thing...Rufus and Zach were considered for it, but I didn't think Oto wanted in at the time because as far as I knew he didn't seem interested...
Now with him wanting in, I have to find out what the deal is.
But, that depends on if hes serious on doing his part. If he doesn't get serious about it, Ill have to ask him to stand down at a more appropriate rank and let there be another leader take his spot. Cause like Ive said, I'm done being the only guy leading...(Oh and chidori I got another example in response to your last post here where you said everyone needs a say and I said Ive already stated that so much; the conversations with catfish that we had when you were around.), I'm too busy to be the one doing all the work and wont be on enough to be the only guy.
Right now I gotta think about who the third leader will be...
If anyone its gotta be someone prepared to decide to do stuff on his own without asking...but at the same time, whenever he does that, he knows the other captains would approve of it, or if not, talk to them about it first.
I want the third guy to be ready to take on responsibility but not abuse it, and know what the resistance truly strives to be and is willing to really spend his time helping its cause, and learn to serve everyone in the clan, not own them.
However, kissing up will get nobody anywhere, so don't try it. Ill just get mad.

I want to try an election of sorts, one where anybody (Regardless of rank or how long I knew them) I think I can trust to help run the clan can be considered a candidate, people elect the best they can think of, I approve of them, and after a period of time, we come to an agreement of the best possible choices, and vote between them.
What do you guys think? Anybody got a better idea?
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:21 pm

that sounds perfect
Back to top Go down
Krunchy

Krunchy

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:49 am

Agreed. I couldn't have put it better myself, Mendez. I'll think hard about who I want to vote on.
I think it'd be better to send our votes to Mendez through a PM so there aren't any hard feelings among members. I'm sure we're all mature enough to handle that sort of thing anyway, but it's better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Megaton Shogun

Megaton Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Nominations?
Or your call Mendez?
I say nominations.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:55 pm

I will agree with Zack on this *Thinks for a minute* NOOOOOOOOOOO DONT ITS A TRAP just kidding but really i agree with his idea for the nominations
Back to top Go down
NinjaPleez

NinjaPleez

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:01 am

I nominate Chuck Norris.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:11 am

but he has a bearded fist o doom
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:38 pm

Nominations, yes. But please choose well. If you guys nominate someone I need to see if they could take the job properly. There is a lot of people in this clan that I would accept though, so I don't think y'all will hear me say no unless you just choose based on how much you like a member. (Which I really doubt any of you will do)
I trust you guys to make good decisions, so just remember when you nominate someone, think about how they need to be a friendly person, who gets along well with everyone, has good ideas, understands what type of clan this is and what morals it sets and can follow them. Also think about what they specifically could bring to the table if put as a captain, and if you could see yourself following him/her not just unquestionably, but happily as well.
In all, basically someone you think is fun AND can be a good leader with good ideas.

Alright, the last thing Ill mention is the actual requirements.
I'd like for the Captain to be a person that was around the last time we were fully active (Which still constitutes the majority of us and certainly all of us that uses the forums), and yes, this person has to actually be a current member now.
Besides that I cant think of any other requirements. For now guys, try to send in who you think would be a great candidate, I'd like to have at least 2 votes for a person to be considered, though if its just one, if I think the person could really have what it takes, Ill let him in (think of it as my vote).

If I were you guys I'd make sure to get everyone to use the forums ASAP if nothing else to PM their nomination, so we can do this all faster.
So lets get to it people, polls are open. Ill keep track of who does and doesn't vote, so start deciding now and decide your nomination before I stop taking them.
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Also on another note I think whoever becomes the third captain should go through a trial period. Lets say like a month. If majority and at least one captain likes them, then they stay, and if not, we go with the second highest voted nominee.
Feedback? Good idea or bad?
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:43 am

Great
Back to top Go down
Krunchy

Krunchy

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Captain Mendez wrote:
Also on another note I think whoever becomes the third captain should go through a trial period. Lets say like a month. If majority and at least one captain likes them, then they stay, and if not, we go with the second highest voted nominee.
Feedback? Good idea or bad?
Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Megaton Shogun

Megaton Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 12:26 am

Yeah, sure.
Back to top Go down
Krunchy

Krunchy

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 4:04 pm

How's the voting coming along, Mendez? Who holds the lead?
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 4:59 pm

We only have 2 votes so far. At all.
From Desperado and Megaton. Not chidori, though. Even though he read those messages and decided somehow he shouldn't vote... - _ -
Even if we did get everyone to vote (And we all know that wont happen)...that's still like 12 total. At best I think there's gonna be like 6ish votes. I can probably bring up the amount of votes that people actually send in by putting this on XBL instead of the site...but does anybody want to hold this off until we get more members that actually care?
Back to top Go down
Megaton Shogun

Megaton Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Just send a message over XBL. I'm sure people will vote then.
Back to top Go down
Thomas

Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:27 am

We still a third captain or nothing will be agreed upon
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Well if you want to be realistic...oto so far has never thrown his opinion in unless it involves banning someone...and everyone was in agreement of that...no offense to him, hes never done any groundbreaking decisions...it was really when ninja was in that nothing was agreed upon...
Id still like a 3rd captain to share the work and stuff though
Back to top Go down
Megaton Shogun

Megaton Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 2:24 pm

Perhaps we need a new 2nd Captain too then. If Oto won't do what he needs to do and throw his weight around, most people won't want him as leader anyway.
A leader who doesn't appear when he's needed is a useless one. And why have a useless Captain when someone else that's more capable could be in that position?
Back to top Go down
Captain Mendez

Captain Mendez

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Hes one of the founders of the clan, I know he can do work. I already mentioned that idea before, but I want to see if I can convince him to do more, because I know he can.
Sure if he doesn't work most people wont want him as a capt, but the reason he never worked is because we never forced him to get involved ( I asked a lot but I never made it clear its his job to help me), if he realizes that this time around, with the Captain rank comes a lot of work, maybe he will start giving his all into it. If not, then maybe we do indeed need a second Captain, as much as I would hate to truly admit it...
Back to top Go down
NinjaPleez

NinjaPleez

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:18 pm

Hey Mendez. You failed at restarting the clan. Again.
Back to top Go down
zach2beat

zach2beat

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:22 pm

hey ninja you succeeded a being a dick again!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restarting the clan   Restarting the clan - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Restarting the clan
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next